Corn has existed for centuries. When the pilgrims reached the New England coast in 1620 the flour they offered with them had spoiled. Fortunately, the Indians taught the pilgrims the right way to increase and grind corn and the ones talents helped them to live on. Many historic corn recipes have survived as neatly and each house of the United States seems to have its favorite.
Corn fritters used to be as soon as a mainstay of Southern cuisine. Then, for some unknown the reason why, their popularity faded. But this historic recipe is making a comeback. Today, fritters are a popular side dish and would most likely contain zucchini, green onions cilantro and and chiles. You may even to seek out recipes for Southeast Asian fritters with soy sauce on the Internet
Today through this YouTube video we will show you how to prepare delicious mouth-watering Crispy Corn at home in a few easy steps.
- Sweet Corn – 250 gms approx
- Edible Oil – 250 ml
- Fine chopped
- Salt to taste
- Chilly Powder
- Fresh chopped Coriander
- Chopped Green Chillies
- Chat Masala
- Lemon juice
- 1 Ltr Water
How to prepare: –
- Boil the water in a large container till it starts boiling
- – Add the washed Sweet Corn to the boiling water to boil it. Boil it for 3-4 minutes. Do not boil it completely as it will be deep-fried to make it crisp.
- – Use a strainer to remove the water from the corn for the next step. Make sure that the boiled corns are moist so that the cornflour sticks to it.
- – Add some salt, red chilly powder and cornflour to the boiled sweet corns and mix them well.
- – Boil approx 250 ml edible oil in a large deep container and heat it in medium flame.
- – Drop a few kernels of corn in the oil to make sure that the oil is perfectly heated. Be careful as the corn may pop out from the oil which may lead to burns.
- – Fry the corn for about 1-2 minutes till it becomes crisp
- – Remove the fried corn from the oil and spread it out on a kitchen towel
- . – Use a mixing bowl and add red chilly powder (if you want your Crispy Corn to be spicy), chopped onions, chat masala, some salt to taste, chopped green chillies and lemon juice. Mix it well
- – Serve it hot