Basically, I just couldn’t let go of some of my stray thoughts so thought why not spread them out here, just for keepsakes. It will be good.
- The musical soirees that changed my life are the memories of the days gone by… flood my mind. “Gazab Ka Hai Din Socho Zara… E Diwanapan Dekho Zara… ” Truly unforgettable!
- “Sawan Barse Tarse Dil… “. Can’t forget this song… all throughout the late 1990s I have been listening to it on MTV. Beautiful ghazal-like rendition by Hariharan and Sadhna Sargam. “Sawan Barse Tarse Dil, Kyun Na Nikale Gharse Dil… ” In a way, life becomes really tough if you have so many unforgettable memories to keep you awake and away from the realities of life.
- Listening to “Right Here Waiting for You”: This is one of the songs that have seen me through some of the toughest days of my life. A very special song that is high up on my list, along with Elton John’s ‘Sacrifice’ and ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’, and of course Bryan Adams.
- Perhaps sipping tea at the office cafeteria is the best way to slink away from your boss’ doubtful gaze!!! Today I escaped.
- Getting late for office but I have to listen to these peaceful and timelessghazals first. Enjoying the beautiful weather and munching on a bhutta… by the lake!
- Eisssh Monday der na kheye deye kono kaaj neyi… shudu shudu Sunday er pore thik hazir hobe… !!! Bokar moton. Ufff.. Hotobombo kotakaar! Abar shei offich jawa… jhuddo kora!
- Listening to “Tum Mujhe Yun Bhula Na Payoge… “: I have always loved cared and nurtured old Hindi songs and Robindra Sangeet like invaluable gems. They never fall out of one’s deep affection for them. A song like this one is for essential listening. Listen to this song and take the reins of your life back in your hands.
- Back home after an evening out with a friend. Had some Hyderabad’s famed biryani… again! Methinks, it’s better to taste/eat some known Indian grub at a little known yet fine restaurant than dig into some anti-septic food at some foolish dettol-scrubbed western kitchen-/lounge-type garage!! “Chham Chham Barse Ghata, Ghunghroo Bajati Hai Hawa… “. Anyway, I just put this song on the CD player. If you do get a chance to listen to this song please don’t shy away from it. The song is a wonder, sung by Asha Bhonsle. Listen to it sometime and you will get to breathe a minty fresh air of its uber musical quality that you won’t get anywhere these days.
- Listening to the song “Apni Toh Pathshala, Masti Ki Pathshala“. I love this song. Exactly 10 years ago, I was working at Kolkata’s Salt Lake City and falling in love with every moment of my life. I still remember those days. How can I forget. And this song was on my lips every day when I was being driven to office and dropped off home.