Christmas recipe serves: 6
power in line with serving: 400
preparation time: 15 minutes
cooking time: 2hours 30 minutes
suitable for freezing after step 3.
Christmas recipe elements:
- duck legs, 6, about 2 kg (4.5 lb)
- onions, 350 g (12 oz..)
- root ginger, fresh, 5 cm piece, (2 inch)
- butter, 125 g (Four oz..)
- caster sugar, 15 ml (1 tbsp)
- green cardomom pods, Eight entire
- chicken stock, 1.7 litres (Three pints)
- ginger wine, 300 ml (10 fl oz..)
- dry white wine, 150 ml (5 fl oz..)
- salt and pepper
- orange juice, 45 ml (Three tbsp)
- lemon juice, 15 ml (1 tbsp)
- oil, 5 ml (1 tbsp)
- sea salt, coarse 10 ml (2 tsp)
- garnish, coarse fresh coriander
Christmas recipe instructions:
- Simmer the duck legs gently in a large pan of boiling water for roughly 2 hours.
- To get in a position the sauce, fry peeled, chopped onions in 50 g (2 oz..) of the butter for roughly 10 minutes or at ease. Add peeled and grated ginger, with the sugar and csardomom seeds from one pod. Cook until the color of the combination turns dark golden brown.
- Add the stock and boil until the amount is diminished thru section. Reduce thru section over again till syrup like after together with the white wine and dry ginger. Add salt and pepper and orange juice to taste.
- Stir in 25 g (1 oz..) of the butter into the sauce at boiling stage. Separate the onions from the liquid and blend with the rest of the butter. Keep.
- Remove further water from the duck and put over a roasting tin on a rack. Brush the duck with oil and sprinkle with salt and the remainder cardomom seeds.
- Roast until the outdoor may well be very crisp. About 20 to 25 minutes at gasoline mark 8. (230 ranges centigrade, 450 F). Add the reheated butter and onion and serve the foods with heated cardomom sauce. Garnish with coriander.
Article Source Link thru Paul Curran